[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 46 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:23 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 am

"No other President but Obama had ever been sworn into office without a Bible."

Care to name the other ones EGO if this is not true?

View user profile http://www.bearpawartworks.com

27 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:46 am

Ego are you really saying this isn't true?

November 2nd, 2009....
"Mitt Romney ... gave you government health care that is now bankrupting the state of Massachusetts."

this link is a long boring ass read but it will give you an idea where this comes from.
http://www.cato.org/pubs/policy_report/v30n1/cpr30n1-1.html

28 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 am

EGO you claim this is false, could you please name the ones that do have the experience. This claim has never been disputed by either side, but please feel free to provide the proof this is false

November 30th, 2009...
"Less than 10 percent of Obama's Cabinet appointees have any experience in the private sector."

29 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13 pm

egotarian wrote:
And then there's always this trite:

Really? Seriously? Lets see, the lie was he said "Walters approached him" When in reality he approached her . That's it? This is a perfect example of why people have lost their fucking minds. They hate the guy because of this misinterpretation of an event yet the President of the US makes this look like the truth, with his daily lies yet no one faults him. Weird double standard don't you think?

30 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:19 pm

egotarian wrote:and this...

HOLY CRAP, LMAO! Here's the supposed lie. He made a comment about being taken to the sluaghter. That was a play on words just like "it's raining cats and dogs" But they claim the lie was that on his radio show he said "I don't think of I have ever used the word slaughter" That isn't a lie he said I don't think, not I have not or never used the word slaughter. I don't think leaves room for I may be wrong but... Not a single person on the planet has used not this in some way or another. And Arianna Huffington, Really? please if you're going to expose a lie don't use her for or the huffington post as your bases for fact.

31 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 pm

egotarian wrote:Besides all that crap GREETINGS ALL... sunny

Greeting to you as well EGO, hope your vacation went well

32 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Maybe you missed my point because i misspelled TRIPE... drunken

ndssomluk wrote:
egotarian wrote:
And then there's always this trite:

Really? Seriously? Lets see, the lie was he said "Walters approached him" When in reality he approached her . That's it? This is a perfect example of why people have lost their fucking minds. They hate the guy because of this misinterpretation of an event yet the President of the US makes this look like the truth, with his daily lies yet no one faults him. Weird double standard don't you think?

View user profile

33 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:47 pm

ndssomluk wrote:"No other President but Obama had ever been sworn into office without a Bible."

Care to name the other ones EGO if this is not true?

First of all, Barack Obama took the oath of office using the same Bible that Abraham Lincoln used for his first inauguration. As his transition team noted in its press release, he was the first President be sworn in using the Lincoln Bible since its initial use in 1861.
However Barack Obama's "do-over" ceremony with Chief Justice John Roberts, didn't include a Bible.

Other Presidents not using a bible are... John Quincy Adams, Franklin Pierce, Rutherford Hayes, Theodore Roosevelt, Lyndon Johnson.

John Quincy Adams, according to his own letters, placed his hand on a constitutional law volume rather than a Bible to indicate where his fealty lay.
Franklin Pierce didn't swear but rather chose to "affirm" his oath of office on a law book rather than the Bible.
Teddy Roosevelt wasn't sworn in using a Bible he took a rushed oath of office in 1901 following the assassination of William McKinley.
London B. Johnson used Jacqueline Kennedy's Catholic Missal while on board Air Force One, after Kennedy had been shot. Staff could not find a bible on the plane.
Outside of Martin Van Buren there are no known inauguration Bibles for presidents John Adams through Millard Fillmore... in fact, there's no concrete evidence that those early presidents used a Bible at all for the oath.
There is no record of a Bible being used from the time of George Washington's second inauguration.
The only record of John Tyler's "swearing-in" is an affidavit where there's no mention of a Bible.

my main source for this information is from the Architect of the Capitol. It has been compiled by the Office of the Curator from contemporary accounts and other sources in the files of the Architect of the Capitol.

The point is... that Glenn Beck puts out more than his alloted share of misinformation...
And please explain to me why if i, who barely graduated high school, can research alone and find this kind of information, how is it that a media person with a staff and money to do the research comes up short so often. Does his staff suck or does he just have an agenda? king

View user profile

34 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:22 pm

ndssomluk wrote:This one was easy, Glenn BEck got his information the same way lots of others have, from Holdrens' Book, it's his own words not Becks

Glenn Beck also said on July 22nd, 2009.
"John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy,
has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

As we all know and have seen many recent times, that statements taken out of context and distilled without a thorough reading are never the true facts. A thorough reading (which i have not done) in this case may show the reader that these were ideas presented in a "as approaches" that had been discussed, they were not presented as suggestions or proposals. i think the authors make clear in the the parts that i read, that they did not support coercive means of population control. i also think the authors do not advocate for forced abortions.

Here's a couple of lines i plucked from a 1,000-page 3 authored book:
Are they endorsing the policies or laying it out for intellectual or educational discussion?

"India in the mid-1970s not only entertained the idea of compulsory sterilization, but moved toward implementing it...This decision was greeted with dismay abroad, but Indira Gandhi's government felt it had little other choice."

"Adding a sterilant to drinking water or staple foods is a suggestion that seems to horrify people more than most proposals for involuntary fertility control. Indeed, this would pose some very difficult political, legal, and social questions, to say nothing of the technical problems. No such sterilant exists today, nor does one appear to be under development. To be acceptable, such a substance would have to meet some rather stiff requirements: it must be uniformly effective, despite widely varying doses received by individuals, and despite varying degrees of fertility and sensitivity among individuals; it must be free of dangerous or unpleasant side effects; and it must have no effect on members of the opposite sex, children, old people, pets, or livestock...Again, there is no sign of such an agent on the horizon. And the risk of serious, unforeseen side effects would, in our opinion, militate against the use of any such agent, even though this plan has the advantage of avoiding the need for socioeconomic pressures that might tend to discriminate against particular groups or penalize children."

Holdren wasn't advocating those ideas then and when asked at a Senate confirmation hearing, Holdren said he did not support them now.
The Draconian measures for population limitation were described... not recommended in the book... it was the full spectrum of population policies that, at the time, had either been tried in some country or analyzed by some commentator.

Again during his confirmation hearing, Dr. Holdren was asked by Sen. David Vitter, "Do you think determining optimal population is a proper role of government?" Dr. Holdren responded: "No, Senator, I do not. And I did not certainly intend that to be the implication of that sentence. The sentence means only what it says, which is that people who've thought about these matters come out in different places."

Anybody who actually really wants to know what Holdren believes and recommends about these matters would presumably read some of the dozens of publications that he has produced in more recent times, rather than going back 33 years to find some formulations in an encyclopedic textbook where description can be misrepresented as endorsement.
And that's what i think of that... study

Last edited by egotarian on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

35 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:11 pm

ndssomluk wrote:EGO you claim this is false, could you please name the ones that do have the experience. This claim has never been disputed by either side, but please feel free to provide the proof this is false

November 30th, 2009...
"Less than 10 percent of Obama's Cabinet appointees have any experience in the private sector."

Beck said on his Nov. 30, 2009, show.
"History has proven over and over again — and so has the post office, for that matter — that government is not the answer, You need to unleash the people. The entrepreneurs. And if you are wondering how it is that the government can't see that — how they can be pondering even bigger stimulus packages as they stare the failure of the first one right in the face — I'll show you. Here are the past presidents and the number of appointees in their Cabinets with private sector experience — folks that have done more than write on the chalkboard; they've been out there, in the real world. Let's compare President Nixon — he's over 50 percent — with President Obama: Under 10 percent of his appointees have any experience in the private sector."

Do a little digging and you'll find that the claim Beck makes is based on a study by Michael Cembalest, the chief investment officer for J.P. Morgan Private Bank. In a Nov. 24, 2009, column titled "Obama's Business Blind Spot" and published on Forbes.com, Cembalest wrote, "In a quest to see what frame of reference the administration might have on this issue, I looked back at the history of the presidential Cabinet. Starting with the creation of the secretary of commerce back in 1900, I compiled the prior private-sector experience of all 432 Cabinet members, focusing on those positions one would expect to participate in this discussion: secretaries of State; Commerce; Treasury; Agriculture; Interior; Labor; Transportation; Energy; and Housing & Urban Development.
Many of these individuals started a company or ran one, with first-hand experience in hiring and firing, domestic and international competition, red tape, recessions, wars and technological change. Their industries included agribusiness, chemicals, finance, construction, communications, energy, insurance, mining, publishing, pharmaceuticals, railroads and steel; a cross-section of the American experience. (I even gave [one-third] credit to attorneys focused on private-sector issues, although one could argue this is a completely different kettle of fish.) One thing is clear: The current administration, compared with past Democratic and Republican ones, marks a departure from the traditional reliance on a balance of public- and private-sector experiences."

In an accompanying chart, Cembalest reported that in the Obama administration, fewer than 10 percent of the Cabinet appointees counted under those rules had private sector experience. According to the chart, all other administrations going back to Theodore Roosevelt's had rates in at least the high 20s, with the Eisenhower and Reagan administrations approaching 60 percent. (He wrote in a footnote that the data came from a number of sources, including capsule biographies of Cabinet members posted on the Web site of the University of Virginia's Miller Center for Public Affairs.)

The chart... typically reprinted by itself, without Cembalest's accompanying narrative... circulated in the conservative blogosphere for a couple of days before eventually being picked up by Beck.

One should always wonder if the claims made by TV personalities are correct... yes?
So here's some ego math:

In Obama's Cabinet, at least three of the nine posts that Cembalest and Beck cite — a full one-third — are occupied by appointees who, by reading their bios, had significant corporate or business experience. Shaun Donovan, Obama's secretary of Housing and Urban Development, served as managing director of Prudential Mortgage Capital Co., where he oversaw its investments in affordable housing loans.

Energy Secretary Steven Chu headed the electronics research lab at one of America's storied corporate research-and-development facilities, AT&T Bell Laboratories, where his work won a Nobel Prize for physics. And Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, in addition to serving as Colorado attorney general and a U.S. senator, has been a partner in his family's farm for decades and, with his wife, owned and operated a Dairy Queen and radio stations in his home state of Colorado.

Three other Obama appointees had legal experience in the private sector.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and Commerce Secretary Gary Locke spent part of their careers working as lawyers in private practice. Clinton and Vilsack worked as private-sector lawyers at the beginning of their careers, while Locke joined an international law firm, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, after serving as governor of Washington state. At the firm, Locke "co-chaired the firm's China practice" and "helped U.S. companies break into international markets," according to his official biography. That sounds like real private sector experience.

Finally, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner worked for Kissinger Associates, a consulting firm that advises international corporations on political and economic conditions overseas.

The occupants of the two remaining Cabinet posts cited in the chart do not appear to have had significant private-sector experience: Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.

Obama's Cabinet has even more private-sector experience if you go beyond the nine. Two of the Obama appointees could be considered entrepreneurs — the very people Beck would "unleash." Vice President Joe Biden, officially a Cabinet member, founded his own law firm, Biden and Walsh, early in his career, and it still exists in a later incarnation, Monzack Mersky McLaughlin and Browder, P.A. (The future vice president also supplemented his income by managing properties, including a neighborhood swimming pool.) And Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag founded an economic consulting firm called Sebago Associates that was later bought out by a larger firm.

It's also worth noting that if you examine a larger group of senior Obama administration appointees, you'll find that more than one in four have experience as business executives, according to a June study by National Journal . That compared with the 38 percent the magazine found eight years earlier at the start of George W. Bush's administration. That's at least three times higher than the level claimed by Beck.

Cembalest was asked about his methodology. He said any effort to address the topic is heavily subjective, and he expressed regret that his work had been used for political ends, saying that it was not his intention to provide fodder for bloggers and talk show hosts.

Cembalest said that he did discount the corporate experience of the three lawyers identified — Clinton, Vilsack and Locke — and added that he awarded nothing for Donovan, Chu or Salazar, even though they had a fair amount private sector experience. Cembalest acknowledged fault in missing Salazar's business background, saying he would have given him a full point if he had it to do over again. But he added that the kind of private-sector experiences Chu and Donovan had (managing scientific research and handling community development lending, respectively) did not represent the kind of private-sector business experience he was looking for when doing his study.

"What I was really trying to get at was some kind of completely, 100 percent subjective assessment of whether or not a person had had enough control of payroll, dealing with shareholders, hiring, firing and risk-taking that they'd be in a position to have had a meaningful seat at the table when the issue being discussed is job creation," Cembalest said.

Cembalest said he has "written 250,000 words in research over the last decade, and every single thing I've ever done — except this one chart — was empirically based on data from the Federal Reserve" or another official source. "This is the one time I stepped out into making judgment calls, and I assure you I won't do it again. ... The frightening thing about the Internet is that people copy one chart from what you write and then it goes viral. So I've learned a lesson here that these kinds of issues are best left addressed by the people who practice them day in and day out."

Back to how Beck used Cembalest's data. It's true that rating someone's degree of private-sector experience is an inexact science, and it's also true that Beck accurately relayed the information contained in Cembalest's chart. But again, where's the research... People in Beck's position of influence should be held accountable for their own words.
So Beck's Statement is as i claimed is False.

And now i'm finished with Beck, he is not relevant to my well being... flower sunny Sleep

Last edited by egotarian on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

36 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm

goddamn it! My posts keep deleting when I try to post them, LOL fucking dmeocrats are controlling this website! Fuck, And you know my posts were long winded bitches, LOL

Thanks for playing EGO At least you got the balls to at least bring evidence why you think like you do and not base it off other's opinions. I think some of your evidence can be enterpreted both ways however but your point has been made

37 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:26 pm

ndssomluk wrote:

HOLY CRAP, LMAO! Here's the supposed lie. He made a comment about being taken to the sluaghter. That was a play on words just like "it's raining cats and dogs" But they claim the lie was that on his radio show he said "I don't think of I have ever used the word slaughter" That isn't a lie he said I don't think, not I have not or never used the word slaughter. I don't think leaves room for I may be wrong but... Not a single person on the planet has used not this in some way or another. And Arianna Huffington, Really? please if you're going to expose a lie don't use her for or the huffington post as your bases for fact.
Your right... it was a follow up with another piece of TRIPE...
However, i do enjoy the way he said "SLAUGHTERED!!" affraid

View user profile

38 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Whats funny about the Glenn Beck lies phobia is this. We know everyone takes things out of context from time to time and some more than others. Not just politicians or celebrities but all of us. But we tend to condemn someone a liar or a bigot or a terrorist or whatever based off of nothing most times. Obama lies more often than the truth comes out, I think the guy is obviously a compulsive liar but I do believe he thinks he's right so I'm not sure if that makes it better or not.

39 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:31 pm

egotarian wrote:
ndssomluk wrote:

Your right... it was a follow up with another piece of TRIPE...
However, i do enjoy the way he said "SLAUGHTERED!!" affraid

He is a bit of a drama queen, LOL, but who isn't on these shows

40 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:44 pm

ndssomluk wrote:goddamn it! My posts keep deleting when I try to post them, LOL fucking dmeocrats are controlling this website! Fuck, And you know my posts were long winded bitches, LOL

Thanks for playing EGO At least you got the balls to at least bring evidence why you think like you do and not base it off other's opinions. I think some of your evidence can be enterpreted both ways however but your point has been made
i missed you too... You just looked a little lonely here and i haven't done any web stuff for some time now so i thought i would join in...
Of course everything can be interpreted in many ways... and no two people have the same perspective (oh wait that's getting to metaphysical) anyway that's what we all have to be aware of.
Also remember that i belong to no political party, religion or sect... if i had to define my political affiliation it would be as a "Responsible Anarchist... a Party of One", otherwise it wouldn't work. cyclops

View user profile

41 Re: Exposing the Glenn Beck Lies on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Hey its just like Beck.Your doing the same thing.The way i always told my kids"Its your story,you tell it how you want".You dont have a chance of me having any credibilty about Beck.He takes part of this that & the other & makes sound the way it benefits his need to put down liberals.If we`re liberals that means you all are fanatics.I also notice that the GOP is very liberal with the interpetations of the constitution.The WIKIleaks have exposed exactly how far the GOP will go to achieve their ends.I`m done discussing Beck.He`s not worthy of my time.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum